Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Leather time - look who's back agin!



So another thing is back, back from the forgotten days of glamorous-leather-worshiping-80's... you know what I am talking about, don't you? yes, leather pants... and just like with the fur i raved about below, those too, are not real. The second coming of the leather pants is more of "look like leather, feel like leather (not quite but a little ) but are NOT leather itself" rather than actual genuine leather, I mean, who can afford "that"?? I am not sure if this trend is as ecologically/PETA influenced as the fur's is, but who really cares about that reading a fashion blog, so, what was I saying?... oh, of course you can still get real leather pants (no, and I don't mean those from harley davidson's) but those will cost you an arm & a leg and a little finger from the remaining limps, since I am not even close to such spending budget, I decided to snatch me some fakes at a "mainstream" retailer, yes, one of my favs: H&M, but places like For21 or Charlotte Russe had bunches of fakes on hangers during my recent visits, so if one look,s one will find! it was not too hard to notice that those are in, however are recommended for those who are brave enough to pull off the look... I was a little worried that I will look like a wanna-be biker's forgotten and drunk girlfriend, but I think the above pics prove that I did not have to hide all day in the office's bathroom - yes I did wear them to work :) I decided to soften the look with a very airy ballerina top with a very soft pink tone - to which I dedicated two posts already and decided to call it salomon. If one thing can be taken from my mindless talking/writing tonight, it is that, bare with me my readers, that leather pants are cool again!

outfit details:
pants: H&M
Shirt: Gap
top: Macy's (not sure whose, need to check the label)
shoes: amazon
little blazer: H&M

No comments:

Post a Comment