Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Simple dress = Headache-free morning




The title? I know, I know dear readers... you probably think "oh duh, girl", I know it is a truism and that I have not reveled anything you have not heard a million times already, BUT to defend telling the truism let me tell you another one, that the most useful and helpful tips ought to be recalled and they should be recalled often... all because we tend to forget that simplicity and common knowledge wisdom and over-complicate everything. So my recommendation is: all the ladies out there, get yourselves a couple dresses ready, at arms-length, a couple of ones that make you feel good and fit like a glove for all those mornings, that are dreaded but WILL happen, when you feel like:
  • you have nothing to wear
  • nothing looks good on you, nor you feel good in anything
  • you are out of ideas for outfits, nor have time for making them up.... etc!!!! million other reasons, I know!
than grab that "feel good" dress as your last resort and it can still save the day!... I know , I tested that out and my day turned around, lets say, from crappy to okay-feeling kind of good...

Now a word about the bag, I got it at H&M, never a fan of beach basket bag-looks, this season I decided to give it a try, since the trend is really catching on. I found myself actually, lets say this: love it! It does make every outfit summer-ready, it is definitely a summer-staple that adds a sparkle of sun to my daily stroll to work... I recommend this bag-trend to all tired of black-bags tagging their sad, baggy-selves in the stream of early-raisers on their way to the office.
Finally, a word about the sandals, I got them online and assumed a usual-safest-bet-10 will fit, I said - usual -but not this time... no, you can never tell! sometimes the same company that is a shoemaker too (not just a supplier )(yes, I am talking about you Aldo) will have the sizing way off between different styles of thier own shoes, how annoying is that? so by getting always tens, I have my shoes too small and too big, like a freakin Russian roulette... and that is the story of these sandals, I love the look - yet can not fully enjoy them now as it bother me that they fit a little big on my feet, not to mention that my feet are big already and do not need extra enlarging shoes on them!!! anyhow... enough of that, I have an ease with ranting, especially on this issue - I can go on for at least an hour...


Dress: BCBG via TJMaxxx
Sandals: MissMe? via Amazon
Bag: H&M
Belt: Old Navy


1 comment:

  1. great dress! i have one like it that i love to whip out for a headache free morning myself! thanks for sharing, girl! (PS-Want to win a pair of shoes of your choice? Enter today on my blog: www.rubygirlblog.com)

    ReplyDelete